Monday, December 05, 2011

 

Sat Nam everyone. We have made the great journey from India back to America. I feel blessed to be home. It was an incredible journey, powerful and deeply rewarding on so many levels.

We have made so many deep friendships and had so many incredible experiences there though.... that we will for sure go back to serve in some way. It feels like a little seed has been planted in our hearts. I am grateful for this little spark of light within us now, knowing that my soul was in some way awakened in India. God bless this beautiful land.. this place of surrender, of spirit, of confusion... yet great relaxation in the midst of it all. May her waters, may her soil, may her air one day be clean again. May her people know prosperity and health.

So now we are in San Leandro California at the ashram. This is my mother's ashram... called Hargobind Sadan. There is a cozy little Sangat of people who live here, who have dedicated their lives to spiritual growth. Last May we sold our home in Espanola New Mexico and have literally been on the road since then. The fact that we are making a home here is deeply fulfilling to me. I am grateful to have finally reached this feeling, after months of traveling. It has been 20 years since I have lived in the Bay Area. Apparently, the famous football team called the "49ers" is doing well again after a 20 year break from success. I told my mother... there must be a correlation to our arrival. Or the fact that the sky is blue, the air is crisp, and flowers are still in bloom. Every once in awhile.... the universe seems to be playing a tune just for me. In the enlightened words of Yogi Bhajan, "Every heartbeat is God's Name to me, Every breath of life is ecstasy." Someday.... I pray to experience his level of awareness. Until then... rock on all you fellow traveler's of spirit. In perfect and imperfect ways... we shall reach the yonder shore.

Blessings to you for a beautiful week in God's Grace.

Blessings,

Snatam Kaur

Song of the Self, join us in Costa Rica, March 10-17, 2012

Comments:
Good to have you back in the USA! Is there any reason you chose to now live in CA instead of NM? I thought Espanola had a very big sangat there. Also why did you leave Eugene OR years ago? My husband and I are looking the best place to move to.
 
God bless you Snatam.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?