Monday, December 26, 2011

 

Sat Nam everyone. This morning in our small Gurdwara in Hargobind Sadan I was blessed to sing this Shabad (sacred poem), "Mehervaan Sahib Mehervaan." This photograph was taken just after we finished chanting this Shabad. In the photograph you can see Jaspreet Singh, who plays the sitaar with us and Mahan Atma Singh who lives in the ashram with us. This Shabad gave me so much peace this morning that I got inspired to share it with you. I invite you to take a moment to read it, and feel the peace that is within these sacred words. It is written by Guru Arjan, the fifth Guru of the Sikhs.

miharvaan saahib miharvaan

tilang mehlaa 5 ghar 3.
Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:


miharvaan saahib miharvaan.
Merciful, the Lord Master is Merciful.

saahib mayraa miharvaan.
My Lord Master is Merciful.

jee-a sagal ka-o day-ay daan. rahaa-o.
He gives His gifts to all beings. ||Pause||

too kaahay doleh paraanee-aa tuDh raakhaigaa sirjanhaar.
Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

jin paidaa-is too kee-aa so-ee day-ay aaDhaar. ||1||
He who created you, will also give you nourishment. ||1||

jin upaa-ee maydnee so-ee kardaa saar.
The One who created the world, takes care of it.

ghat ghat maalak dilaa kaa sachaa parvardagaar. ||2||
In each and every heart and mind, the Lord is the True Cherisher. ||2||

kudrat keem na jaanee-ai vadaa vayparvaahu.
His creative potency and His value cannot be known; He is the Great and carefree Lord.

kar banday too bandagee jichar ghat meh saahu. ||3||
O human being, meditate on the Lord, as long as there is breath in your body. ||3||

too samrath akath agochar jee-o pind tayree raas.
O God, You are all-powerful, inexpressible and imperceptible; my soul and body are Your capital.

raham tayree sukh paa-i-aa sadaa naanak kee ardaas. ||4||3||
By Your Mercy, may I find peace; this is Nanak's lasting prayer. ||4||3||



I am personally experiencing so much transition. We are in the process of creating a new home. In the past few days the energy of questioning whether or not I am making the right choices in my life became a little overwhelming. As I sat and meditated this morning the thought came to my mind that I could give it all to God... I could talk to God about it. As I talked to God about it.... the energy inside me shifted from the mental intensity of thinking... to the experience of just being in the midst of transition. The energy of change is powerful. God's Divine Hand is doing the change. It starts deep within and as we are in God's Will we carry out those deep commands that come from Him... or Her as you like to call it. We think we are making choices. We think we are the doers. But we are not. The beauty in it is that God, the Great Doer, is the light within each of us that is connected to the light within all of our family, our relations, and within everyone. And that light searches out the darkness, and heals each of us. If we resist the flow of light it will simply just keep trying in one way or another to shine through us. As we connect to that light and allow it to flow through us we naturally do the things which are in the best interest of all, which bring light to all.

Thank you for the opportunity to share a little of my personal experience. I invite you to join us in Costa Rica for our retreat coming up this March (please consider bringing the whole family - children can participate in our children's program). We will be able to chant together, meditate, and really take the time to connect to that light within each of us. If you haven't heard about our retreat here is a link to it.

May the light within you flow through you this week and always!

Sat Nam.

Love and Blessings,

Snatam Kaur

Comments:
May Light & Love be yours this day! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your daily journey. May peace continue to surround you and yours. Namaste.
 
Love and blessings to you! I hope you are coming back to Stockholm some day!
 
Snatam,

Thank you so much for writing about your experience. I am going through the same kind of transition and it can be mentally challenging. The words of this Shabad brought tears to my eyes as it resonated deeply in my soul. Then, I read your words and those spoke to me profoundly as well.
May we be the peace and love of God as we allow life to guide us....as we just flow with it.
Sat Nam,
Stephanie
 
Bhai Balwinder Singh Rangila's version of this shabad has been a favourite of mine since years. You can check it out on Sikh Sangeet.com. It's named 'Tu Kahe Dole' and it's from the album 'Jai jai Kaar Jagat Mein'. The album has a couple of other great songs.
Could'nt catch your version.
 
Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience.
That high feeling will follow you through the up coming days ,i'm sure.
The human soul with the divine spirit combine, is magical! all we need is to open our selves, say yes, and be one.
Life can be confusing and difficult in times, but having God within us, it's a little easier.

Good-Luck
I'm sure you made the right decision :)
Einat.
 
Thank you so much for this post. My husband and I are planning a major move to an as yet unknown residence a long way from here. I've been overwhelmed by the thought of all that entails. I'll remember your words and be sure to let go and let God. Thank you!
 
Beautiful thank you for sharing. Just what I needed to read with family 'stuff' going on around, I will meditate on the light within and hand it over to God, let go and let God, focusing on Anahata chakra.
Om Shanti Hari x
 
Thank you for share this with all of us, i am israel, and i am a craetion of God with an open concious, since i accept Him in my life all change around me, and i can`t stop to wondering me watching all He had made for us: May the light of God be with, and within you forever; bless you dear sister, Namaste.
 
I really like what you say about we are not the doers - because of course we spend most of our time imagining we ARE the doers and that causes a lot of useless anxiety! I offer prayers and good wishes for you at this time of transition. The shabad is beautiful, thank you for posting the link. Do you have a simple chant line that you use for it (that you would be willing to share?) Your chants have inspired me very much, particularly the Ray Man shabad which has been and still is so transforming. Pat McKenzie, NJ USA
 
great thought

spirituality and self relisation is the main perpose of our life
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?